Did you know that there are many types of fire extinguishers? Have you ever wondered if you are going to be safe when a fire hazard presents itself? If these are some of the questions that you are asking yourself right now, then now is the time to read on. If not then keep reading because you might learn something new!
AS 1851-2012 requires all owner occupiers, employers or managers have to maintain a duty of care to maintain and provide fire protection systems and equipment. If your business doesn't meet the standard of care by providing Fire Safety Protection Equipment, then you may be charged with negligence in a lawsuit if a fire hazard occurrs.
It is not only important to provide Fire Safety Protection Equipment but it is even more important to provide the correct Fire Safety Equipment as it will help keep your business, employees, safe when it matters most.
Types of Fire Extinguishers
Do you know the difference between an ABE Dry Powder Fire extinguisher and a CO2 Fire extinguisher? Do you know what class fire a CO2 Fire Extinguisher can be used on? Do you have the right signage and equipment to display your Fire Extinguisher? Please click below the button below to check out the different range of Fire Extinguishers.
Fire extinguishers weren't manufactured into various types because people preferred to use Air-Water Fire Extinguishers over Air Foam Fire Extinguishers. They were created because each type of fire extinguisher can be used for different classes of fire hazards.
The two main types of Fire Extinguishers that people are mainly familiar with are ABE Dry Powder Fire Extinguishers and the CO2 Fire Extinguishers which have each been manufactured for their own purpose. The list summary of the main types of Fire Extinguishers and the types of fire that they are used for:
- ABE Dry Chemical Powder Fire Extinguisher - These are one of the more popular types of Fire Extinguishers, and put out fire hazards with a dry powered substance and shouldn't be used in door because they can make you lose visibility of your surroundings and also cause breathing problems. ABE Fire Extinguishers can be used for all fires apart from combustible metals & oil/fats.
- CO2 Fire Extinguishers-these extinguishers use CO2 gas to smother the fire hazard and are mainly used in offices. Mostly used for electrical fires.
- Air Water Fire Extinguishers-mainly used for fires from wood paper or textiles.
- Air Foam Fire Extinguishers-mainly used for liquid fires.
- Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers-these are used for fire hazards from animal fat and oil fires because it cools down the burning oils and seals the surface to prevent the fire from re-igniting.
- Mobile ABE Fire Extinguishers-these are a larger version of the ABE Fire Extinguishers which are used in large warehouses, factories, mines and oil platforms because they are mobile.
Fire Protection Equipment Stock up!
At Hi-Craft Safety we have a wide range of Fire Protection Equipment which fully complies with AS 1851-2012 ranging from ABE, CO2, Wet Chemical, Fire Blankets, Fire Hose Reels and various types of Fire Extinguishers for different types of fire hazards. Please feel free to click the button below to check out our full range. If you need help with our wide range of fire equipment. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 088 089 and ask for one of our Fire Safety Consultants. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org.View Full Range of Fire Safety Equipment